Reply with quote #9
Joe, I think that would be a great idea, like you say 6CM falls right between the 243 and 243AI.
Reply with quote #10
The rifle is a Savage single shot action with a Douglas 1:10 .243 A.I. with .278 neck. The brass is Lapua that has been neck turned just enough to be concentric, flasholes deburred and uniformed, Federal Large Match primers. Brass was fire formed, shot several times, shoulder bumped .001 with Redding type S die and neck sized with .268 bushing.
1) 70 grn. Nosler Ballistic Tip, 43.4 grn. Varget, vel. =3650 ft/s, accuracy = 1" 5 shot group @200 meters. Bullet .010 into lands.
2) 80 grn. Berger Varmint Match, 47.3 grn. H4350, vel. = 3550 ft/s, accuracy = .357 5 shot group @200 meters. Bullet .010 into lands.
3) 87 grn. Hornady V-Max, 44.1 grn. H4831, vel. unknown, accuracy = 9/16" 5 shot group @200 meters. Bullet .010 into lands.
This barrel has approx. 1500 rds. through it and is still shooting with considerable cracking in throat area and well down the barrel as viewed with bore scope. I'll shoot until it quits and then screw on brand new PacNor Super Match stainless 1:12 .243 A.I. .270 neck dia. or new Douglas 1:10 .243 A.I. .270 neck dia. which I currently have. I'm really anxious to see what the PacNor will deliver.
Reply with quote #11
Shooting a Blaser Lrs2 in 243 46.6 vit n160 cci bench r, lapua brass 90 molly sceanars, has produced screamers at 100, clovering at 200 if i do my bit, twist is 1 in 10 so to slow for 105 scenars or 115 dtacs, trying to get a barrel made with 1 in 7.5 to shoot in my Blaser Lrs2 but its not looking good for me,doint think the blaser factory are interested so im emailng barrel manufacturers and hopeing that someone might be able to help? paul T, Ireland.
Reply with quote #12
Remington model 700 VSSF , Tobler 26 inch barrel with 1 in 9 twist . Chambered in .243 AI std. neck .
Lapua cases , flashholes reamed and deburred , Federal Goldmatch primer .
46.5 gns Varget , 55gn Nosler BT , 67mm OAL , 4030 FPS
3 shots 0.25".
Winchester cases , flashholes reamed and deburred , Federal Goldmatch primer .
45.5 gns H4350 , 80gn Berger match , 68.50mm OAL , 3409 FPS
5 shots 0.327".
51.5 gns WXR (same as RL22) , 80gn Nosler BT , 69.40mm OAL , 3481 FPS , 3 shots 0.300" . 4 x 3 shot groups at 0.5 gn increments from 50gns - 51.5gns into 0.6 inches .
Reply with quote #13
Just rebarreled my 700 in 243AI 266nk Kreiger after 3 years with a 6br Lilja. Picked up a jug of Accurate Data 86 from PVI(glad I did). First three shots after forming the Lapua brass went into .183 at 100 yds. Next four or five three shotters were in the low to mid twos. This was with CCI 200's and a Berger 88 Gr LD naked. Funny that thing was I was trying to work up the load and it shot this way with 45,46,47,48,49and 50 grs. of powder. Seems the barrel doesnt care what the charge is
Anyway, I put the 49gr. load over my 35P and was getting 3550fps.
Reply with quote #14
I am using one load in 6 BR and one in .243 W
- 6 BR load :Lapua cases, moly Lapua Scenar 105gr bullets (rifling is 1 in 8"), CCI BR 4 primers, 31 grains of Vihatvuori N150 ; OAL = 2.230" ; accuracy : less THAN better than 1" at 300 meters.
- .243 W load : Lapua cases, moly Lapua Scenar 105gr bullets, 35gr of Vihtavuori N150, RWS< 5341 primers ; OAL = 2.815" ; Vo = 880 m/s (2887 fps) ; accuracy : better than 1" at 300 meters.
Reply with quote #15
Rifle: Rem M700 action, McMillan M40a-1 stock, Lilja 24-inch varmint contour barrel 1-in 10 twist, Scope 6.5-20 Leupold with Premier Reticles Gen2 mildot.
Loads: (1) 65-grain Hornady V-Max, 41.0 grains Varget, Winchester brass, Federal Match primers. 5-shots at 100 yds (off sandbags): .530-inches. No chronograph data available.
(2) 90-grain Nosler BT, 44.5 grains IMR 4831, Winchester brass, Federal Match primers. Groups about the same as above. No chronograph data available
Reply with quote #16
Shooting F class(open, Oz type) Rifle is a Mastin/Barnard F class change barrel.
6BR 1:8 Trueflite 30" .271"nk (K. Hills)
Load is 29.7gn.ADI2208,Lapua cases,CCI450,107smk.(2870fps)
.243AI 1:8 Krieger(.236") 30" .2765"nk (S.Southhall)
Load is 47.7gn.VV N165,Lapua cases,Fed. GM210M, 105 Scenar.(3100fps)
FYI The 6BR won the 900yd, and the 1000yd in the lead up to the National Queens, Brisbane, Queensland, Aust.June 06. It shot tighter than 6.5/284, 6.5x57AI, 280AI,et all.
The .243AI MIGHT have the edge in the wind, but the 6BR holds vertical like nothing else.